Sunday, May 20, 2012

Coming up next, It's Your Life!

Angels watch over us every day.  Matthew 18:10 says "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say  to you that in Heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in Heaven."  Have you ever thought about how interesting you are to them?

If we are like a living television program to angels I wonder how interesting our lives are.  A good example I could offer is the Truman Show.  Everyone around the world watches a television show called "The Truman Show."  It is of the life of one individual who, since birth, has been the star without ever knowing that he is indeed, the main attraction.  His whole world is in a giant studio set and everyone he interacts with are actors.  The shows run 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.  In the movie, Truman is actually a pretty nice guy who is an upstanding citizen.  People enjoy watching Truman.  Would we want to be a show that God and the heavenly host would want to watch?  Are we living our lives, the only ones we get, as pleasing entertainment for Him?

I was sitting out by the fire pit in our back yard last night with my wife when the thought about the angels came to me.  I asked her where she thought the angels would be sitting listening to our conversation.  She pointed to the bench next to us and I pointed to the top of the fence.  I then asked her if our lives were interesting to the angels.  It was more of a humorous statement in that I wondered if our angels (the ones who watched over us)were bored with our story and were jealous of other angels who got to watch more fun and exciting lives.  After a good laugh we moved onto to another subject.  After an hour when the coals were almost out we headed into the house for bed.  As I laid in bed in the darkness my mind began to wander back to our conversation beside the fire pit.

I started to reflect on my own life from my earliest memories to today.  It would definitely make for an interesting TV show mixed with action, drama, horror, romance, and even some science fiction thrown in.  However, the last 6 years with the exception of a few of years of my life are the ones I believe that have provided the best entertainment.  That is because God was writing, producing, and directing the script.  Even though most of the time I am a willing actor I have had plenty of diva moments.

I know someday God and I will watch the rerun of my life and I will have my hands over my eyes looking through the cracks in my fingers, especially during the 1st half of it.  My hope is that the ending of it will cause Him to jump out of His throne clapping and cheering while shouting "Well done!  Good and faithful servant!"  Until then, I hope that every day will bring plenty of entertainment.


If you want to listen to a good song, check out "Entertaining Angels" by the Newsboys.

1 comment:

  1. I believe God is omnipotent. If this omnipotence is true then he wouldn't be entertained by us. He would LOVE us but entertained....??

    Angels, Yup, I believe they are the weird dots that sometimes show up in photographs and they ARE entertained by us. I believe they are essential to our soul's development process.

    ReplyDelete