Thursday, May 23, 2013

Own up to it!

I hear from Christians all the time that they are going through a season like Job or Joseph when they are suffering.  It seems that they always tend to look at their suffering as something that's happening to them, it's unfair, it sucks, and it is out of their control. 

When is the last time you heard any Christian say "I'm complaining like Job?" or "I'm being disobedient like Jonah" or even "I am acting like Jacob and God needs to change me."

This is another flaw, and sin, in that just like Adam and Eve in the Garden, it's not our fault and our suffering is a result of unfair situations.  It's during these times that God uses these situations to bring around a change in our lives.  I am not saying that every time we suffer it is because we have an issue but instead trying to make aware to all that we should look at our suffering and ourselves honestly to see what is really going on.

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment