Friday, March 2, 2012

How Can God Use You?

I was thinking about Genesis in the bible.  Actually, I was thinking about writing this blog about the time I wrote my Stand Firm post.  In reference to this earlier post what got me thinking about this topic was the man Charles Templeton and one of his questions that raised doubts.  In fact, this has been a controversy even today.  The question is "The Bible states that God created the earth and all in it 6 days".  Now there are those who claim that this is exactly the number of days it took God and then there are those who say that it took longer and quote 2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."  This is even among Christians.  But this is not what I want to focus on.

What got me thinking is how man today tries to explain  and recreate what God did/does.  Take cloning for example.  So to expound on this thought I tried to apply what it would take for man today to replicate those six days.  What an undertaking!  More importantly, I thought how would my talents fit into this grand construction.  I job involves inventory and asset control.  So I would be in charge of accounting for and distributing material.  As you can see, I would be responsibly for handing out planets, stars, atoms, animals, trees, etc.. and keeping track of them.

What role could you have played in creation?  What skills and talents can you bring to the table?  Sometimes in life we can wonder how can God use me?  What do I have to offer?  Well?

Genesis chapters 1 and 2

No comments:

Post a Comment